Service and Support Technician Construction Technologies APPLY NOW
Service and Support Technician Construction Technologies – Edmonton, AB.
Spatial Technologies is an established supplier of measurement solutions to the Western Canada Geomatics, Exploration, Engineering and Construction market. Spatial provides high quality measurement solutions and machine automation to help our clients improve productivity, efficiency and margin.
Spatial is looking for a customer satisfaction focused, highly-driven person to join our team. This person will work in the Edmonton office focusing on support and service for our existing clients and salesforce. You will be required to learn and support our leading-edge measuring technologies, focusing on Machine Control and Construction positioning products. If you have a deep-rooted drive to succeed and help people, a passion for technology, connecting with people and communicating technical information then this may be the position for you. If you know your way around construction sites, heavy equipment, site designs/surveys, GPS and Robotic total stations, we want to hear from you.
· Provide on-site installations and training of machine control systems and positioning technologies.
· In-house electronic and mechanical repairs of positioning systems
· Continued support of Spatial’s existing clients ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Maintain positive communications with customers before, during and after repairs and installs.
· Provide presales and post sales technical support.
· General technical assistance preparing and testing systems for field use.
· Repair and trouble shoot Machine Control and positioning systems. May require customer site visits.
· Conduct formal presentations - Product/Software demonstrations
· Customer and Spatial staff training – field and office
· Some travel will be required. Potential extended daily travel with occasional overnight stays.
· Ability to work in all types of weather.
· Maintain accurate records and ensure all paperwork is reported accurately and completed in accordance with company policies and procedures and submitted within designated timeframes.
· Create training materials as required.
· Professionally represent Spatial Technologies’ vision, mission and values.
Key attributes needed to be successful in this position:
· Aptitude for computer related technology.
· Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Problem solving skills are essential.
· Customer Focused - Finely tuned customer service skills
· Strong time management and prioritization skills
· High diagnostic, analytical and creative
· Enjoys working with and demonstrating the latest technical and most respected brand of surveying instruments in the market
· Self-disciplined, highly organized with strategic planning skills and the ability to work independently
· Team player - excellent interpersonal skills and positive personality
· Valid Alberta Driver's license – Must be able to maintain driving insurability requirements
· Physically able to handle the requirements of the position
· Preferred Post-Secondary degree in Geomatics, Engineering, Construction Management and/or Electronics
· Preferred Experience with manual and robotic Total Stations, GNSS Real Time Kinematic (RTK) and wireless technologies
· Familiar with surveying theory and construction field work
· Experience with heavy equipment mechanical repairs/maintenance
· Operation of various types of heavy equipment (dozers, graders and excavators)
· Familiarity with Construction processes and technologies
· Willing to travel
· Welding experience an asset
· Electronics repair/troubleshooting skills
This exciting opportunity will put you on the path to a rewarding career in Sales and/or Technical Support.
Spatial Technologies provides:
· Competitive salary and commission
· Great health insurance benefits
· Team atmosphere
· Strong career path
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (required)
- Construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Mechanical: 2 years (preferred)
- Electronics: 1 year (preferred)
- Geomatics: 2 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (required)
2021-11-30|||5716 BURBANK CRES SE CALGARY , AB T2H 1Z6|||Team||||||xSKKQNNbb_aOylvx|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||YEAR|||range||||||60000|||85000|||true
APPLICATION FORM* Required
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.